Saturday, June 20, 2009

Wheelin' and dealin'

The final vendor we needed to book was our limo company. I dreamed of rolling up to the church in a classic Rolls Royce or something similar, but then I remembered that I had an entire bridal party to transport, too. Sigh. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

But to be honest, a limo wasn't something I particularly cared about. I didn't see a need to pay loads of money to get a stretch Hummer or some other bizarre luxury car if my bridal party and I would only be in it for a 20 minute ride.

The first call I made was to a friend of my mother's co-worker, who runs a side business with a small fleet of limos. My matron of honor, Paige, used him for her own wedding based on my mother's recommendation, too, and she really liked him. However, I discovered that the largest vehicle he had was a 10-person limo, and I would need room for 12 to accommodate our entire bridal party. Oh well.

I then called First Class Limo, which John's sister, Suzanne, used for her wedding. I mentioned her name when I called, and they said that they would be happy to give me the Friday rate instead of the Saturday rate since I was using her recommendation. Score! So we booked their 14-person white stretch Lincoln, and it was exactly what we needed on the day: luxurious without being over-the-top ridiculous. And the best part was that our limo driver even gave us a touching champagne toast after the ceremony!

No comments: